Friday, April 16, 2010

Hazardous!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote this on a friend's wall in facebook :

"Believe in what you think is true and don't become an egoist so that you can accept when you realize you were wrong or when you do not know; we are not complete, and we learn and so we progress. I think if you keep your focus simple then you can not get deviated because of ridicule around you; and truth is a very simple thing :) problem is that we are always afraid of accepting it because of ridicule around us; survival always takes precedence."
This was to reply her concern that it is becoming difficult for her to grasp what is right and what is wrong, what is a truth and what is a lie; surely this world has become complex day by day, or shall i say we humans and our world has become complex, both of us are not what we were thousand years, or hundred years, or few years or an year ago. Complexity is a sign of evolution, every evolving system is more complex than what it was in past and lesser complex than what it will evolve into; though the the final stage will be the simplest.

But it is not only complexity which is a problem but the deception induced in to the sources of knowledge and understanding; that deception of course is necessary and part of the process of evolution because everything tends to be what it is so as the evolving system. The system tries hard to resist a change and , this tendency to resist a change is a survival instinct; it is that same survival instinct however which becomes a tool in the hands of forces of change and a cause of evolution.

I usually do not take problems which I can not solve :) because what I can not understand is what I can not solve and what I can not understand is not worthy of my time, rather I should concentrate on what I can understand to be able to understand more of what I can not understand. That is why I always become confused when people started to talk of everything like everything is very simple; when they talk of Plato, Spinoza, Hegel, Kant and Marx or any other great philosopher and they refer to their work as it is something like a comic. Very honestly I have not even opened books I have collected on Hegel as I do not find myself able to understand him, whenever I start Freud I sleep, I am trying to read Schopenhauer these days and I had to read every paragraph twice or thrice to understand his world as will, dialectics took some time before I grasps it, and Marx is still difficult, when I take a book on Islamic political thought, I got mesmerized by the the depth of efforts people have put in to create that system, so as I feel about any other theological system of thought. I do not find myself able to reject it all let alone accepting it; for acceptance is a more difficult process than rejection.

Do not think that I am a dumb idiot who can not understand simple things; for I am not what I was yesterday and I will not be what I am today :) there are many who think I am still that dumb which I used to be ten years back, ah I am not and I can promise; if I survive till tomorrow I will not be that dumb as I am today. So what did I write about a system? Don't you think characteristically I am like that system to which I belong?

1 comment:

  1. "...be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them.
    Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers.”
    ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

    ReplyDelete