Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson died...........well not a news any more, his funeral is the current news, and that is how it will go on and get settled. Most interesting was the debate in few circles that he was a Muslim, and if he will be buried in Islamic manner.
I think there must be a limit on our affiliation with any person, I am not interested in Michael Jackson's private life very much, though there are many interesting aspects of complexity of human nature and relations in his life. Still I am not very interested in Michael as a son, or husband or father. I, like many millions, am a fan of Michael Jackson the singer and musician, and I know that musician will live forever, he has not died and he will not die. His music is so full of patience, rhythm, versatility and appeal that I am sure he will be liked by future generations as well.
I will never forget "heal the world" and "we are the world", neither I will forget "thriller", "black or white", "bad" or "girl is mine", "liberian girl", "smooth criminal", "history". He was one of the few musicians who influenced cultures and people globally.
Not only this, but we shall remember his charities, and his thoughts on inequality and poverty in the world as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment